To increase awareness and use of Faith based investing, also known as Biblically responsible investing (BRI) or Kingdom Impact Investing, by becoming the resource for investors, advisors, church leaders and Christian thought leaders on faith and investing.
The Christian Investment Forum (CIF) is a Kingdom-focused investment association committed to educating advisors and investors by providing opportunities to bring about change – in the hearts, homes, cities, and world that we serve.
CIF strives to be an organization that enables others to advance and promote Biblically responsible investing (BRI), and cause greater Kingdom impact.
We are a 501c6 non-profit trade association of Christian investment professionals and companies, led by a Board of its Members and run by an Executive Director. We strive to educate ourselves and the wider public on the benefits of BRI through research that leads to credibility, training that leads to knowledge, and networking that leads to influence.
The CIF Foundation is a 501c3 non-profit organization that is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Christian Investment Forum. CIF Foundation will provide training and events to support CIF, and can accept charitable donations from those interested in supporting our activities.
The Christian Investment Forum defines Biblically responsible investing as follows:
Biblically Responsible Investing, or BRI, applies Christian values to investment decision making by incorporating moral and social principles into traditional financial analysis. BRI provides a platform for the faithful stewardship of God’s gifts on the basis of our shared Christian faith. BRI seeks to invest in and own companies that best represent those Christian values.
We believe in one true and eternal triune God; we believe in Jesus Christ as God incarnate, fully God and fully man, one Person in two natures; and we believe in his sinless life, his sacrifice in death and his victory in resurrection. We believe in his teachings that reinforced God’s two greatest commandments – “to love God with all our heart, soul, strength and mind; and to love our neighbors as ourselves.”
We are open to all who are Christians, and we hope to work hand in hand with all of God’s people. We desire to be an organization that will enable an open dialogue on these topics within the Christian community and among all of God’s people.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES
Use of BRI will come with increased awareness and knowledge, since both investors and advisors have expressed a high level of interest in biblically responsible investing.
The main strategies CIF and the CIF Foundation will utilize to achieve its vision are:
- An easy to use and informative website for advisors and the investing public
- Content about BRI, about investment choices, about performance, and about the credibility of BRI as an investing philosophy
- Webinars and training online for advisors
- Regular communications to engage advisors on the topic, to hear from them and support them
- A speakers bureau that can provide speakers and content for events
- Public relations to gain visibility in the broader financial market, with the Christian financial thought leaders, and church leaders.
- The Christian Investment Summit, to bring together financial professionals and asset owners to share, engage and renew on important topics for faith and investing.
The development of the Christian Investment Forum has the potential to have a significant impact on the nascent faith-based investing industry, as well as on the broader Christian audience to whom the industry serves. For example, by increasing the use of BRI we can:
- Positively influence corporations to improve their relationship with employees, clients and the entire supply chain
- Positively influence individual investors who will more carefully consider how and why they invest, using those assets to improve our society
- Create greater wealth that is in the hands of those predisposed to give back to their communities and the world.
Why is the Christian Investment Forum and BRI necessary? Because tithing is only 10% of the solution.